ABOUT THE BDAS
A brief history of the society
1950: In October The Berrima District Art Society (BDAS) was founded by
Kate Smith and a committee of interested members of the general public.
1951 - 1963: The first meetings were held in the CWA Rooms at Moss Vale.
1963 - 1969: A room was then rented in Berrima Court House, Berrima.
1970: Through the generosity of Edgar Bent, the Society acquired the
cottage in Short Street, Bowral, which is still its permanent home.
1993: Gill Graham successfully applied for grants and a new workshop was built with the assistance of Commonwealth, State and local funding and designed by Colin Graham and erected by Ross Meredith.
2006: The BDAS members voted to change the name to the Bowral & District
2010: A Sculpture Garden was developed.
2011: The workshop was extended and renovated to provide an excellent facility
for both adults and children.
2016: The name was changed to secure the Bowral Art Gallery integrity.
2017: The Bowral Art Gallery continues to live up to it's Mission Statement and the vital role it affords for Art in the Southern Highlands. The studios have continued to flourish and provide ongoing opportunities for tutors, artists and art lovers alike.
THE BDAS WORKSHOP
Classes and Workshops for Adults and Children
Watercolour, Acrylics, Oils, Printmaking, Pastel and Life Drawing
Special weekend and holiday workshops available
PRESIDENT: Ann Carney
VICE PRESIDENT: Tracey Miller
TREASURER: Cris Andrews
SECRETARY: Helen Johnston
ASST SECRETARY: Patti Jones
PUBLICITY & PR: Lynne Moriarty &